Saturday 26 October 2013

Should be Lower

Eventually I intend to replace the Hydrogas suspension system with coil overs, but I couldn't help playing with the ride height on the GTM K3 in the meantime!

Just before I picked up the car, my Uncle Keith had a local garage pump up the suspension as it had sunk a little. They over did it and the car was riding in the air, and toeing-in at the rear. It was crashing over bumps and not handling well.

Too High for comfort.


Back over to Aaron’s Autos for a bit of adjustment with a borrowed pump. After an hour of adjusting, rolling and adjusting some more, I set the ride height 10mm lover that what GTM deem the normal ride height – the difference is breath-taking! It handles like a normal car, and looks far better, although speed bumps might prove tricky!

Much better! Although routes are now planned with speed bumps in mind. (Holly is in the car so I can legitimately use the parent and child parking space!)

I also use my time at the garage to flush the cooling system and replace the coolant. Ready for not freezing this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment