Saturday 24 August 2013

A first look at my new GTM K3

Hi, and thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!

I’m Geoff, a graphic designer living in the beautiful Derbyshire countryside with my wife and children, and in August 2013 I decided to buy my uncle’s kit car - A 1995 GTM K3 Rossa to be precise. The intention is to rebuild the car to beyond its former glory, adding a few suitable upgrades where necessary, and creating a fun B-road tool.

I have known the car in question for many years, in fact I went to the former GTM factory in Loughborough with my uncle to collect the complete car around 12 years ago, and I’ve coveted it ever since!

So, after an unexpected ‘yes’ from my wife Abigail, I’ve popped over to Peterborough to take a look at the car. Here she is:


It’s been sitting for a while, and the suspension has sunk. It’s far tattier than I remember, but as it’s being completely refitted, that shouldn’t prove an issue. A few more pics:





 Looking good, now to do the deal and get it home – by trailer I should think.

No comments:

Post a Comment